Friday, September 23, 2011

Hobby Dumpy

Hi! Welcome to Hobby Dumpy.

To tell you a brief background, I started blogging since I was in college. That was almost 4 years ago. After a few months, I abandoned my first blog. Then, I started blogging again after a year, but it had the same fate. The reason? I got nothing to say.

Today I am starting a new blog site. This will be my online inventory for my collection. This time, for sure, I won't run out of ideas to post here :)

I started collecting diecast cars on February 2011. It all started with "blog hopping." As I remember, I saw blogs of diecast car collectors but that time I didn't even know what diecast means. I enjoyed visiting those blogs, so I ended up researching about these toy cars. Then one day, Google took me to a facebook page named Wena's Diecast. I met the person who is running this facebook page. Ed--that's his name. He sells toys  through facebook most of them are carded or still in their boxes. He has a lot of these toy cars and it seems some of them are from his childhood. I was hooked. I just found myself reserving items for myself (I think I should blame him for what he did to me [joke]). At first I just bought what looks "cute" and those car brands that I know. I bought famous cars like beetle, mini cooper etc. But soon, I learned that this is a very hard line for a beginner like me (I'm not saying beginners can't start mini cooper collection) because competition is quite intense and it will require a lot more $$$.

So, what did I start collecting?

I sold some of my beetles (I have one 5pack Hotwheels Volkswagen left. It's a gift so I won't sell it!) and some of my minis (I left Hot Wheels Morris Minis as my side collect). Then I started focusing on Shelby Cobra 427. This is Mr. Ed's main collection and I was inspired by it. Again, his fault :D

Okay, enough of  the long speech. I'll fill this blog with a lot of pictures from my collection so, without further ado... my "Initial S" first Shelby Cobra ;) (clap clap clap)


Speed Blaster Series by Hot Wheels.


They said hobbies cost a lot of money and they're not wrong. It does require a lot of $$$ so for beginners, I suggest investing in a hobby that you really love or in the end you'll regret spending so much for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...