Tuesday, September 27, 2011

DIY Light Box

I wanted to have a photo studio for my diecast cars so I planned on building a light box.

Here are some basic materials that I used:

pencil
marker
black cartolina (preferably, Matte)
scissors
cutter
masking tape
illustration board
ruler

for the lighting materials:
light bulb
electrical tape
electrical wires

For the light diffuser, I used a white fabric. At first, I tried using bond paper but found fabric as a better option. I bought mine at the market. I asked the saleslady for the cheapest fabric so she gave me "Gina Selk" or Gina Silk

messy inside


I created 3 box-type parts like this one: two for the sides and one for the top light. It holds the light bulb and the fabric light diffuser.

I don't have step-by-step images of how I created this. I was too busy in building this light box that I forgot that I'll post this in my blog in the future!

here's the finished product
Sample shot using a point and shoot camera
Model 1:43 Toyota Yaris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...