Sunday, November 4, 2012

Mod #9 No Strings attached Mini

For the record, this is the fastest custom I've done. I just did it for approximately 3 hours - well, for those experts in custom, you'll find this one very easy :) so probably you can have this in less than 3 hours haha.

I just had this crazy idea while browsing the internet for my first try in using decals for customization but unfortunately, I didn't use decals in this project.

Here is a Morris Mini by Hot Wheels.

For those of you who knows that I also collect Mini Cooper by Hot Wheels, I decided to remove this one from my collection. This casting is made of plastic :( so I wanted to dispose it but instead of doing that, I just customized it.


One thing that I like with this Mini is the metallic red wheels. I thought it would be perfect for a black body.

Maybe you're curious, the reason why I entitled this post with such dramatic line is because of the trick I did on the painting.

My experiment technique:


I cut a small string and dip it in red paint.


I painted the body with flat black, this will be the base color. Then paint it with red using the string :)



I also painted the interior with metallic red and flat black.

The result of my experiment :)

 


I was surprised to with the outcome. It's better than I expected :)






I hope you liked it too :)

3 comments:

  1. WOW man, this is one of your best customizations so far !!!... the flat (carbon) black gives this Mini an aggressive look and the red accents put the artistic share... very nice work pal !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks! I'm very glad about your comment because I feel the same- my favorite custom so far haha. Thanks for appreciating my work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ganda sir...like the stringy color....

    matte black tapos parang graff lang...

    nice combi! thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...