Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Mod #10 Ford Model A Yakult


I really wanted to try decal application for the longest time but I lack the materials to start with it. Recently though, I was able to acquire everything I need for the project so yesterday, with all excitement, I made my very first decal project :)


The victim here is a Ford Model A by Lledo. I don't know what Vimto is until I searched on Google that it is a softdrinks I guess it's just not available here in our country or maybe it is but haven't seen one! Anyway... I just thought it would be better if I transform this to something I am very familiar with.

So I ended up creating a Yakult delivery. Yakult is my favorite drink ever since though, it's not really a juice drink but probiotic milk-like product by the Japanese.

*borrowed picture from the internet

Here's the finished product :)



Oh.. the "Okay ka ba tiyan?" which means "Is your tummy okay?" is the tag line being used by Yakult in their commercials here.


The decal application is not as hard as expected. You really have to be careful in applying it, though, because it has a tendency to break or be torn. 

As this was my first try, it is expected that my work will not be perfect. You'll see bubbles that formed if you look very closely, as well as some wrinkles and creases. 



All in all, I'm very happy with the outcome. I'll certainly do more decal projects next time to improve it :D

Thanks for looking :)

7 comments:

  1. obviously this is a sample of syncretism LOL... an old Ford type A decorated with a recent brand of a milk derived products... are these decals similar to those you can find with the Bandai model kits for example ??? those by Bandai offer a very good quality but i’m not pretty sure if they would work fine on a diecast =?=...

    i love the contrast between polychromed red and white which suits pretty fine this model but it looks a bit weird with the bright red of the Yacult logo... anyway, beign your first work is nice !!!... =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris! hmmmm not at all. Yakult was created in 1930's and the Ford Model A is in 1927-1931 so it's still acceptable :D I'm not familiar on the decals being used on Bandai model kits since I haven't tried them on model kits but the one I used is available on the local bookstore here. They are just decal sheets when you buy them and you'll be the one to print the design.

      about the paint, uhmm it's because that's the only red paint I have LOL!

      thanks for the comments!
      'til next time you drop by again ;)

      Delete
  2. nice! up for you sir...

    ang kulit ng first decal application mo...

    pinoy na pinoy...hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha opo sir. gusto ko nga puro ganyan ang theme para sariling atin hahaha! thanks sir! :D

      Delete
  3. tuloy lang kap...papaturo ako sa'yo next time...hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those die cast cars with real products advertisement on it.. something like this... very nice!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...