Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My First Gundam (the making)

It's a long weekend. I had the time to build "my first gundam"


Here's my "semi-documented" step-by-step of how I built the gundam.

Prepare all the parts of the gundam.

 Ready for painting

I used my primer red ('coz this is only the primer I have) if I have a gray or white primer, I'd prefer those.


 Gundam from the junkyard


The masking. - my most hated part in painting!


Half body

Looking good in black

 Rusty helmet


My least favorite paint. Glossy white


See the details? :)

Patience.... it's not easy to dry even if the spray can says "quick drying"


Now the detailing part! This is an exciting part :)

These are the tools I used for detailing. (chocolate bar not included)

Thanks to my friend Lia (www.waterproofnotes.blogspot.com visit her blog) for the brush I used.

  

This is a very fine brush... see that tip? :)


Messy...

Wash paint using cotton buds with Tamiya thinner.


Done :)

Awesome...... :)

Yeah!

But not so perfect!

See that shield??? blame that @#@$# paint stripper! or blame me for the ignorance.....



Other than the ruined shield, everything went well.


This is my first Gundam :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...