Friday, October 5, 2012

HW Carroll Shelby 2-pk car set


One of the recent additions to my collection is a 2 pack box set 100% Hot Wheels. This contains a Shelby Series 1 and a Cobra 427.


As of now, this is the last 100% Hot Wheels that I need for my AC Cobra collection so I'm quite happy that I finally got one from eBay. I thought it wouldn't be easy to find this locally unless there's a kind collector who would want to pass on a treasure like this to me :D


The packaging itself is captivating.The two cars look more elegant with Carroll Shelby's signature on the base.


Shelby Series 1. Its name speaks for itself, literally. As I've read, this is the first car that is a "pure" Shelby, meaning everything in it is created/designed by the late Carroll Shelby - that's pretty cool and now I have its replica. :)


And of course, the Shelby Cobra 427, one of the greatest automotive icons of all time  - and the reason why I bought this box set :D just look at that sexy little cobra hahaha.


They look good together. Father and son.. I mean son and father LOL. I just love the color scheme and the background. It makes those cars look sharp.




This is one thing I love about Hot Wheels, they know how to please the collectors. :D




And on both sides of the box, there are pictures of the anatomy of the Shelby Cobra and it's V8 engine. Really cool.

I was very excited when I opened it for the photo shoot and I'm happy about the output.


Thanks for viewing :)

2 comments:

  1. hey !!! are these your first Hot Wheels 100% ??? well, i think they are nice diecast indeed, not as good as those by Shelby Collectibles but very nice =)... the acrylic urn with pad printing in the base is definitely great for display, also the work on the wheels design (more accurate to the actual cars)... i think i have some 100% in my bag of of tricks (yeah, i’m Chrisdalf the burgundy HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA =P)... i’m still waiting for some stuff you haven’t published =PPPPP...

    P.S. you’re publishing more often... uhmmmm, that’s a good symptom... =) =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris! Good to see you commenting here again haha. No, this is actually.... the 5th. I have the two in oil can and 2 in black box - I haven't posted those yet. I'll be publishing another page just for my Shelby collection for my reference too so stay tuned haha.

    yes indeed. though, we both agreed about the big difference of 100% HW vs. SC. But you can't deny that HW really put a great effort on this box and I love them for that hahaha!

    Sure sir Chrisdalf the Burgundy --- What?? hahaha! I'll wait for your soon to publish hauls as well ;)

    P.S. - yes.. overcoming laziness haha and thanks for noticing that LOL!

    glad you visit ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...