Monday, October 8, 2012

Mod #7 Classic Packard Rat Rod

If you still remember the Classic Packard that I chopped to turn it into a rat rod, well I'm very happy to announce that it's officially a rat rod now! Hahaha.

You may find the first part of construction here: Part 1

Here are some pictures when I was still working on it:


I took the engine off this Jeep. Well, this won't go to waste because I have better plans for it :)


My first time to try wiring. It's so cool! You just have to be very patient ;)


And the finished product:





My very first Rat Rod ;)



'til the next post ;)

6 comments:

  1. HEHEHE... lately you’re working hard pal !!!... now, straight to the point, the paint job is rat for me but maybe a little touch up with a weathering effect would improve the feeling (you know, a bit more rusty)... the engine and wiring looks quite nice and the wheels choice is perfect but the front grille seems a bit odd, ’cause is taller than the rest of the vehicle... would you consider to chop it ??? LOL... is just a thought, i’m dreaming... great work !!! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris. You're a good critique aren't you? hahaha! Yeah I agree with the lack of detailing in the paint and there are also some part that should be sanded more but you know I'm feeling kinda lazy to make it perfect hahaha! Yes you mentioned the wheels. Those new shoes suit it perfectly. And the grille.... I was thinking about not to put it there but it looks very open without it. I didn't consider chopping it and I don't want to risk that too haha I don't have spare if I messed it up.

      Thanks for the comments! They're very much appreciated. I'll try to do something different again next time and I'd like to hear more from you again ;)

      Delete
  2. It's really take effort to do such modification and it look quite good. Well done. Hope you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. indeed :D and I really enjoyed working on it. Thanks pal :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...