Sunday, April 22, 2012

Mod #7 Classic Packard Rat Rod WIP part 1

Hi guys. It's been a while since my last post. The truth is, I have lots of stuff to share and I am very excited since last week BUT I can't take pictures of my latest and old hauls - the reason is, the battery of my camera died out! After long hours of charging time, I could just take less than 10 pictures before the battery gets empty. Oh well.. I guess it's time to find a replacement for my retired battery.

So here, I just used my phone's camera so excuse the not so good quality pictures.

I tried a new style of customizing which is the Rat rod. I started working on it last week and put it in pending because of busy schedule.

Some of you might not want it and some might love it as I do. Rat rod is an automotive art I must say.

It was not hard for me to find what casting to use for this project. I already have one available which I can say is a perfect casting to make a rat rod.

This is the victim or should I say, the soon-to-be-Obra Maestra.


Hot Wheels Classic Packard.


I love it's vintage look. This was released in 1982 whoa! I can still remember the smell of it's paint when I took it out of the blister pack.


Work:

First step is of course, disassemble everything.

Next is cutting which is... something I hate and something I am proud of when things go smoothly :D

I started with the chassis. The extra wheels on both side if you will notice is attached to the chassis so I had to cut them.



Cut the bumper.




Next step is to cut the hood and the exhaust at the back.


Done :)  (Sooo many cutting!)


Front view


Rear - doesn't look good.. but It will be easy to fix using a putty :)


Stripped the paint.


Try....Looking good so far ;)

That's all for now. Hopefully, will have it done ASAP LOL!

Thanks for viewing :D


2 comments:

  1. that’s an old victim... i mean diecast and you did a cruel... i mean, extreme modification and looking at the weird... i mean, last picture i think you are crazy... i mean, in the right way to create a rat rod feeling for this guy... HAHAHAHAHA... i guess you’re planning to get a big engine to put on the front (because the unfinished look of a rat rod, doesn’t mean it cannot crush your body against the seat)...

    by the way, is not a teaser for me to visit you (provided you visit me too =P) even if you publish bootlegs (which i almost hate) =)

    P.S. you could not believe what kind of wild things (diecast) i’m managing to get (not even me myself believe it) so i hope you will pay me a visit anytime =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I am quite excited to finish this.. I can see what will be the result... that is if every thing went as expected :D hahaha I'll just surprise you with my craziness LOL!

    hahaha! thanks for patronizing my posts even for the bootlegs hahaha! oh... wish I can post my toys now :( oh camera..

    now I'm going to visit you ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...