Friday, April 6, 2012

Mod 101 - masking

Too much boredom and yet, I can't continue with my other pending projects because I got no materials available. So, I decided to play with some paint and my little F100 here by Hot Wheels and to practice my most hated part in customizing - MASKING.


I drew a flame pattern on a masking tape then cut it out. I also used a marker to add some detail to the flames.


Then, I thought it would be hotter in orange.


The color scheme reminds me of the character Darth Maul of Star Wars. :-D


Though I'm already happy with the outcome, I still need to practice more... and more.

Thanks for looking ;)


4 comments:

  1. glad you like it, though, needs enhancement.. esp. with the masking jutsu LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. watching you work i remembered that i have something like 40 model kits pending to paint and a Johnny Lightning diecast to fix after an accident and then i felt a lot of panic/anxiety... LOL... is not easy to customize anyway, i’m pretty sure =O

    ReplyDelete
  3. indeed! but for some, it seems customizing for them is just a piece of cake..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...