Monday, April 30, 2012

Matchbox Model "A" Ford

Hi guys! Yes I'm here again (I said in my last post that I'll be off for a while but I think one week is long enough LOL) I just can't help myself to blog today as I have opened some old hauls and I can't just let this pass without sharing it :D

Oh, I haven't bought a battery for my camera yet so they are still low quality pictures but I tried to enhance them using an editor.

Okay, let's talk about trucks... not just trucks.. those good ol'...

Model "A" truck by Matchbox.


This one is a gift or in our club, we call it "RAOK" - Random act of kindness, by Mr. Emil or bruticus. Such a generous man :D this is made in Macau - written on the base.


And a special edition Matchbox Toy Show in Hershey, PA.



Set them free weeeee! haha


Kellogg's Rice Krispies - my first Model A. I got it from one of the DCPH Swapmeets I attended and at that time, I had no idea what kind of truck this was. I just loved its vintage look.


And this one with Philadelphia football team logo is my favorite, though I'm not a fan of them nor of football. I think this one is rare. I found it in a cheap diecast store waiting for its owner, or maybe waiting for me?





Group pic.

Whoa! they have a new home now :) I got this wooden display case last month. The price is reasonable so I bought it. It can hold 24 cars and my trucks here just fit right in. 20 spaces to go! Hahaha!


Why did I use Mr. Bean as the background? Not really sure but it's the first thing I got so he's there LOL!

Thanks for looking. Hope you enjoyed the show ;)

2 comments:

  1. so you wanna make me feel jealous right ???... well, you got it (four times, by the way =PPPPPP)...

    i like them all and specially the one you received as a gift for the bigger rear tires that makes it look more aggressive (and it has the vintage card too), the cast is nice and the pics... uhmmmm, no comments LOL... also your showcase is great too and i’m looking for one or two as well, since my collection is growing too fast (and my wallet... is only emptiness LOL) but unlike you i will try an acrylic case and it will take some time as it’s expensive... i guess is all about money LOL =/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish somebody will give me a battery as a gift too hahaha! yeah I prefer acrylic too and be careful if you're going to buy a wooden like this (just in case you change your mind and find the wooden a lot cheaper) not to put rubber tires on those varnished wood... it will it your tires! hahaha. I have an acrylic case also and my cobra collection is residing there.

    oh I can see you have a new post >>> I'll pay you a visit right away. I can smell something fresh :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...