Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Mod #3 Weathered Effect Part 3 + Diorama

It was a holiday yesterday (it's already 12:33AM to be exact, in my clock) in celebration of Labor Day.

To make it a productive day, I tried to find a pending  project to work on. I was not in the right mood to do custom yesterday so rather than making mess with my diecast and put them to junk after, I decided to just create a diorama which is already planned but due to laziness... Oh you know what's next.

Here is something familiar to you if you have been following me since.. last year LOL!

Because the subject here has been in pending since October 2011! Hahaha!

Proof and see the dates: Part 1Part 2

Yeah.. This is the truck from that post which I applied the weathered effect or from my friend here said it is a "rust effect".


This is a junkyard scene. I prefer to have a small diorama just like this - space has always been my problem. For the materials I used, nothing fancy, you may just get your sibling/son/daughter/neighbor's school art materials.

You will be needing:

Pair of scissors
Sticks
Styrofoam - I used for the base. But you can try card board or wood which is better.
Wires
Ruler
Paste
Water
Lots of paper
Paints
Pebbles/rocks
Etc - depending on your diorama's needs

And don't forget your first aid kit in case (like mine) you accidentally/intentionally harm yourself O.o


For the soil, that is a product of my favorite art - paper mache.


Hardest part was doing the barbed wires - the part when I pierced my finger. O.o

I think, this is 70% done.

Not sure when the 100% will happen. Next Labor day? O.o


I hope you learned something from this (piercing your fingers could be one of them).

Thanks for visiting, 'til next time! ;)

6 comments:

  1. Hi Christian. Welcome to Hobby Dumpy. Nice to see you here. I visited your blog. You may want to check my comment about your post (Classic Packard) which I really really like :)

    Thanks for dropping by ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.

    Do you may share my blog in your list?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, it's done your in my list now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi lazy pal... i mean, hi pal =)... seriously the photo quality enhances the dramatic effect of your rusty finish HAHAHAHA... sorry, sarcasm is an art i’m proficient LOLOLOL...

    now, your work on the diorama is almost cute and i like it, the soil/ground looks like a toasted cake but is pretty fine, also the barbed wires worth your pierced fingers LOLOLOL...

    finally, after read your sad story on this work and all your suffering, i suggest you to name it: My First Dio-Drama HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... just don’t be mad at me for this, is only a joke pal... XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. Let's just say, this is how I play with my diecast. I just don't want to display and leave them there. Diorama is one way for me to make them look real. Things that will keep me busy. if I'm bored, I have something to do and it is always a challenge for my creativity (if I have that) hahaha. It's just sad that because I have to work for 5 days and 2 days rest, it's just hard to find time for my projects. Maybe a whole day for this will be enough, that is if all materials are available already.

    thanks for visiting ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...