Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Mod #3 Weathered Effect Part 2

Part 1

At last my weathered effect is now in progress!

I found a new trick for weathering effect but maybe not new to you :)

Because I was hesitant to buy an enamel paint just for this project, I tried to be resourceful =) I used what is already available in my tools which is my red primer paint.

Surprisingly, looks like it worked! :D

Here's what I did:

After the painting with red primer in part 1, I coated it with white gloss paint then did some sanding to remove some white paint to reveal the primer red.



I sprayed some lacquer paint in a small container.. or in this case, bottle cap :D


Then applied it by using cotton buds. This is like dry painting.

Also for a better effect, wait for the lacquer paint to dry a little before applying it.

The result:

i









Thanks for looking! ;)

6 comments:

  1. Parang yung Mazda lang namin ahhh. Kaya mo ba mag-anti-weathered epek samin? :)) Ganda! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ang aking mga Filipino sa mga kasanayan ay talagang masamang... HAHAHAHAHA... better if i try with english, don’t you think so???... i was wondering, where you took this body (Ford F-100 1956)... doesn’t look like something from Hot Wheels... the effect is pretty realistic pal, though i wouldn’t call it weathered but rusted...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Lia. di naman hahaha! dalhin mo dito mazda nyo para mapaintan ko =))

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Chrisman, LOL! what were you trying to say in Filipino? Haha!

    Yup it is Hotwheels. This is the pickup before: http://hobbydumpy.blogspot.com/2011/10/drill-101.html I don't know what series it came from. I just bought it during a swapmeet I attended. it gave me an idea to try weathering :D Thanks! haha the I think I applied to much rust here which supposed to be lesser... I enjoyed applying dry paint that's why haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what i was trying to say in Filipino was something like: "my Filipino skills are really bad" LLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...