Saturday, December 10, 2011

Mod #5 Mr. Bean's Mini WIP part 2

Work is still in progress.

Here are some steps I did:


Painting.

The Bean Mini's color is somewhat yellow-green but I think it is more yellowish... But because I am just using spray paints, I cannot mix a yellow and a green paint. So I tried something else.

 First, I coated it with green paint, maybe 2-3 layers. Since green is darker than yellow, if I coat it with yellow on top, it will just turn to yellow green . Hurrah!


Then I just applied yellow paint until I got the color that I desire. :)


Then the hood. The famous Mr. Bean's ride has a black matte hood so here I painted the hood with flat black :)



Then for the roof, this is the disappointing part here because I have to paint the roof separately. Burago made it a plastic.... how awful. Anyway, I did the same with the roof but I first coated it with primer because it's plastic - glossy.

BTW, the green paint is leaf green. There are various shades of green but I think this one made a good combination with yellow for the Bean's Mini.

2 comments:

  1. i know what it feels like, when someone takes the time to read your whole post and then takes a little more time to write something with sense... that’s support, right!!!... thx man, i’m glad that my comments are welcome here... now, this guy looks greener than i expected, it must be the neon mr. Bean’s Mini version... LOL =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and it means, I'm not only talking to myself here LOL! thanks a lot ;)

    and for the mini... I'm sorry to keep you waiting but.. I guess it will be a loooonngg wait. I can't do customs and gunpla until these coming weekends... I have some things to attend. :( I'll post updates as soon I get back.

    thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...