Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Mod #5 Mr. Bean's Mini WIP

Mr. Bean fan here! And a Mini Cooper collector too... So why not do my own Bean's Mini or Mini Bean or... never mind LOL

I purchased a Burago - my first by this brand, 1:43 Mini Cooper on Sunday. Though this is not my brand of collection and scale (but I do have another 1:43 scale by Cararama - a Yaris), I've decided to give this one an exemption (again).




Why Burago?

Because.... they have 1:43 Mini Cooper that's still in the market and not the 2011 version. I think this one is called the Morris Mini if I'm not mistaken...


That's odd... so why were you looking for 1:43 if you're not a 1:43 scale collector?

That is another thing.. you'll find out.... next time... if I got lucky on this project :)


Work in progress


The first step I did was sanding. If you noticed, I don't do sanding when I customize a 1:64 casting. This is because I want to preserve the details so I just strip the paint off then coat it with primer. But since this is a larger scale, I opted to just sand it then apply the paint I want (didn't use primer).

One of the DCPH members mentioned in a thread that it is better (if it is new or the paint's still good) not to strip the paint because their factory paints has better quality than those that we use. Stripping is advisable when the paint has already deteriorated or has damage.

Okay. That's all for now. Will keep you posted ;)

2 comments:

  1. haha... this car is pretty curious in many ways and its electric system in the real life is a headache as far as i know... i will be waiting for your customization =)... Hot Wheels has its own old Mini but it’s only available as special edition (those i mentioned before, more pricey of course) and Matchbox as well both of them in scale 1/64

    ReplyDelete
  2. really? maybe that's why Mr. Bean is always sitting on the roof... the aircondition is not functioning properly LOL
    haha! I forgot to mention that here.. that's another thing why I chose burago... other brands are pricey LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...