Thursday, October 27, 2011

Mod #3 Weathered Effect

Remember the noisy pickup during the drill session?


Say "Hi" :)



It is now a WIP at last!

I will try the weathering effect on this pickup (though it is already weathered, to start with). This looks like a good casting to practice on :)

I'm glad I had this particular paint. It was accidentally been added to my box when I was buying some. I couldn't find a gray or white primer and this was the only primer paint available that time so I bought it. At first I didn't like it but I found out soon enough that it can give a "rusty effect."

So now I can start my weathering effect yey! :)

I'm not sure how long it will take me to finish this. Maybe a week or two? depending on my "busy" sched. I have lots of things to paint! Including our house. Lol kidding.

These are my references for this project:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/canadagood/4671254217/
http://www.customclassictrucks.com/featuredvehicles/0610cct_farm_trucks/photo_15.html

So I have a tip for you now....

Tip: you can use primer red for weathering effect ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...