Thursday, October 20, 2011

Mod #1 Messing with paint

What I did today.

It was a nice weather so I started my first mod! :)

Meyers Manx - my first line of collection before I started with Shelby Cobras. This is a very nice casting from Hot Wheels. Like the Mini Cooper, it's cute :)

So I decided to try this one first..

First step was to remove the original paint then coat it with primer.

 

I wasn't so patient so while waiting for the Meyers Manx to dry, I decided to strip the Cobra >:)


I learned about this paint stripper from DCPH

"Strips all kinds of paint"


This is my favorite part... watching the paint slowly being removed from the metal.


Ouch...


Now, the Cobra is naked and my Manx is waiting for its coat.


Proceed with masking. 
Hmm...  what should be the design?


Painted half of the Manx with metallic red.


Then the other half with blue metallic. Quite a nice combination :) 

I was planning to leave the hood white and put some decals on it to make it a Philippine flag. Well, that was the original plan.


Until... I found out that the paint I applied was too thick! - because of being impatient... It didn't dry quickly. That is why when I touched it, thinking it is already dry... I accidentally smudged the paint.

Oh well.. "first time".

Then after third try, Yes! third try.. I wasted so much paint stripper and paint with this small piece of metal.

This is the result..


I love metallic colors now :) But I will try flat colors next time.

Finally :)









2 comments:

  1. Ang gendeeeee!! Bagay yung dilaw na windshield :)) Mukha paring flag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ehem.. syempre idea ko yun >:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...