Monday, May 7, 2012

DCPH 8th Anniversary Swapmeet 2012

Finally a Swapmeet near my place! :)

8th year anniversary of our club held in SM Southmall, Las Pinas yesterday, May 06, 2012. It's just a 30-minute ride from my house and considering the fare cost, it is really a great advantage for us "south people" LOL! Not to be selfish but, I hope there'll be more Swapmeets on this part of the metro haha.

Here are some photos taken from the event:


History of diecast.












Porsches!








More diecast...


And more people...







Trophies for the outstanding members of our club. I wonder if there will be a chance that my name will be written on one of them?




The awardees :)

Though I did not bag a trophy, I got myself a reward for...... being present in the Swapmeet :D

 

Courtesy of a DCPH member in U.S., Mr. Leo a.k.a. cocacolacars.



Taddaaaah! A Matchbox Texaco Ford pickup truck (Joe's Roadside Service). The scale is approximately 1:32.


With Certificate of Authenticity.



Fair details. One thing that frustrates me about is the plastic tires. In the picture I thought it's rubber until I got the actual item.


Another thing is those equipment that aren't painted. I will be tempted to just paint them myself :)


The price is very reasonable for the fact that it is a larger scale and I bet this is not easy to find ;)


This is just one of the hauls I ordered online. I'm still in the process of paying them LOL!



Oh btw, I finally bought new batteries for my camera yahoooo! :) I intended it for this event. And now I can take pictures with a smile ^________^


Thanks for looking.

Happy hunting everyone ;)

6 comments:

  1. is an interesting event indeed and there is not something similar related specifically with diecast in my "neighborhood" (not by the moment, i guess)... very nice collections and a great assortment of diecast for sale (even the ECTO-1 which is too expensive for my taste, specially compared with other brands with better details and more realism... actually i think i will make a great effort to get one diecast by Danbury Mint and other by Franklin Mint which have exquisite details and finishing in 1:24 scale, although they’re in the high price level...)

    now your new pick-up is nice and rare as you mentioned, so i think it compensates its lack of details and the plastic tires... uhmmm, i was wondering, the roll bar is plastic too???

    oh, i will be waiting for your additional hauling and good to hear that your camera is ready for the duty... =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is some swap meet for Diecast cars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, we're just lucky that the moderators of our club has chosen that location. I hope next swapmeet will also be favorable to us leaving in the southern part :D

    those are big names in diecast. The only expensive brand that's my target until now is Kyosho. Though, a shelby cobra kyosho is hard to find locally. I think I have to order it online.

    for the pickup, unfortunately, the rollbar is plastic too.

    thanks for dropping by as always ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LEon, welcome to my site :) I think this is not the first time you visit here - but it's your first time to comment here :) I'm glad you like this post about the event.

    You are very welcome to my blog;)

    Thanks for the support :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww I was not aware of this. I forgot my log in details for DCPH lol. Grats on the haul, that made me want to restore my Matchbox Texaco Ford Sierra Cosworth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh... you're a member of DCPH?? are you a filipino? LOL sorry I didn't even ask you before -_- what's your handle name in DCPH? hope we can meet sometime.

      Looking forward to see that restored MBX Texaco :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...