Sunday, April 8, 2012

mod #6 Vespa White Cobra

I was losing hope that I'll be able to finish this project as I tried something advanced with this one. I thought it'll be just a waste after so much thing has been done.

I re-costumed the Shelby Cobra from this post.


The idea was to remove the hood scoop and cut out the side pipes and the exhaust from the chassis.




Removing the hood scoop is quite easy, and easier if I have a good equipment to do it. But since the only material I have is sand paper, I spent 5 hours or so on sanding.... manually / using bare hands :) It's fun while watching a movie - try it :D


hood scoop has been removed
And the hardest part that almost made me quit, is the side pipes. Cutting it is easy because the chassis is made of plastic but the problem is, it's my first time to use a saw so, the cut wasn't clean. And you can imagine how the chassis looked like after that.

The remedy is the Epoxy putty! Hurrahhh! I was able to clean the mess after all.

Then, here's the workaround for the alternative exhaust.

I cut the wires into small pieces.


Used Epoxy putty to glue the wires.

The enlarged headlights is also made of putty.


Painted it with Vespa White (it looks like plain white in the picture).


I didn't use the windshield. I made one from the blister pack of the Epoxy. The result is nice, though.



The inspiration of this project came from this picture that I saw while browsing the internet.

picture borrowed from:  http://magneticbrain.blogspot.com/ 

Though the result doesn't look the same with the Cobra in the picture, and I won't put decals, I'm quite satisfied and happy with the output :)

Thanks for looking :)

2 comments:

  1. that’s a looooot of work man !!! if i see more of this, laziness will eat me ZZZZZZZZZZZZ... HAHAHA... that’s an old picture uhmmmmm and it seems behind it there is a golden Chevy el Camino... XO... also, tnere is a Shelby on the way (where ??? where ???... who knows ???) @.@

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris. Happy Easter! hahaha yeah! oh speaking of laziness.. this has been in pending for months so... it's not an excuse hahahaha! oh.. and you really noticed that.. my attention is fully focused on the Shelby Cobra alone LOL! I'll wait for that Shelby to come hahaha.

    thanks for the visit! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...