Sunday, February 12, 2012

Gotta Catch 'em All

Toy hunting today was really worth it. I bagged two items that made my day.

First stop was at my favorite toy/hobby shop. They're on sale since last week but couldn't find anything to add to my collection. Today, hoping I'd found something new, I approached the sales lady who's smiling at me when I arrived, asking if they have new "Shelby Cobra" in stock (well, she remembers me because of Shelby Cobra). Then she showed me all the Cobras they have. At first, I thought there's nothing new as I was just there last week. But after checking all the Cobras she showed me, I immediately took one that caught my attention... and it's positive--it will be added to my Cobra collection! Ah, the feeling that I found a treasure I've been looking for so long LOL!


Well, there is nothing really special with this Shelby Cobra by Hot Wheels. This is not very rare either but it is just finding it yourself gives happiness and pleasure. The fact that this is not available in stores anymore for it was released in 1999 and I can say "hey, I found it myself!"

I also have a loose car of this but  it is from a 5-pack which I bought from another collector so I won't be tempted to open this one. I'll just display it with its card like my other Shelby Cobras. To preserve the condition of the cards, I put them inside a Protekto Pack. I'm quite careful with the way I handle and store my diecasts and their cards LOL!

Then next stop was a small toy store that's similar to Toys R Us. It is called Toy Town and guess what, they're on sale too! I guess stores are on a Valentine's sale - if there's such a thing LOL!

Then I got my eye on this lovely (suits the Valentines season) and cute Pokemon! That's not all, it gave me the sign that I'll be its master when I saw the price. Man, a 30 pesos or approximately 0.70 USD toy inside the mall! And it is made by Bandai :-)


I didn't know Bandai also produce Pokemon toys. I usually see ones that are made by Tomy. When I was a kid I also collect Pokemon toys. I wonder where they are now :(



This is Shaymin from the episode Giratina and the Sky Warrior. A grass-type Pokemon. It has two forms, this one I have is it's Land Form and the other one is the Sky Form - the Pokemon at the bottom right picture on the box.

Kawaii!

Pros:
This Pokemon made by Bandai is bigger than those Tomy has produced.

Cons:
Like Tomy's, there is no articulation for this figure.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...