Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Red Garage

Rain won't stop since this morning so it's impossible for me to go anywhere today! :(

I decided to organize my display cab (again). I rummaged through my treasure box to see if there are other toys that can be included in the cabinet and found a 1:32 Shelby Cobra by New Ray still inside its box. When I saw the carton base, I had an idea. So here's the result :D


I unscrewed the base and detached the Cobra. The checkered base triggered the idea and thought it to be perfect for my project.


And finally, after almost a year, I can now use this garage tool by GreenLight. I knew I would use this someday! :D



Fresh from the blister pack.


There are two holes on the base from which the Cobra was screwed and I was scratching my head thinking of a way to cover those holes. I just realized that I can actually use this for a car lift. Yes, a car lift. I am not very familiar with the variety of equipment inside a garage but the image of a car lift popped in my head, so I created one for my garage.

The post is made of sprue from a Gundam kit. I used super glue for the adhesive. It looks perfect :D The sample car above is a casting by GreenLight, I chose to use Greenlight casting to suit the size of the tools.

I realized that everything here is red. Red background, red equipment... so it was only natural that the car should be red :D So I replaced the car (I didn't paint it red if that's what you are thinking LOL) with a red variant.


My red garage! or should I say, Valentine's garage? hahaha.


I just used a Mooneyes sticker from a Johnny Lightning Shelby Cobra as a decoration (Yes, I know how to decorate...somehow :D)

 


All I need now are some people in my garage.. I'm going to look for 1:64 scale figures.


Sneak peek to my cabinet :D


It became a productive day after all :)


Thanks for looking. I hope you like it.

8 comments:

  1. More pics! Of the cars in the cabinet! ^_^ Nice work, it made me want to fix my displays as well. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sir :) I'll try to post more next time. It's not yet 100% done and honestly, it's not very easy to organize toys @_@ plus the laziness. Wow! I look forward to see your cab. Perhaps, you can give me ideas haha. Apologies again for the failed transaction last time, sir. I hope we can meet next time.

    Thanks for dropping by :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries. Yes it is really hard to organize toys specially if there's a lot to organize. I don't see me finishing my display cabinet any time soon as well but yeah I hope I can finish it soon, so that I can post pictures as well. About the ideas, hmm how about a display that will pay tribute to the late legend Carroll Shelby? A framed pencil sketch of Carroll Shelby with a pencil sketch of your favorite Shelby car for a backdrop. :D

      Delete
    2. Sounds a good idea :D I was planning before to create a Shelby garage but more detailed than this one - but ofcourse, the hardest part is to start hahaha.

      Thanks again sir :)

      Delete
  3. all this time out of line was not spent in vain !!!... i can see you have a lot of stuff waiting to be published... that Greenlight Shelby looks like one by Siku (the wheels specially give me that feeling) and you got the tools set, great !... also you have 3 JL’s Shelby and 3 more by Matchbox... how you dare ??? LOL... i have seen that Mooneye logo as well somewhere else... uhmmmm you’re a bit too cocky for my taste =PPPPP... kidding, i will be waiting for your posts and i won’t waste my time asking if you plan to open those diecast ’cause i already know the answer... =PPPPP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chris hahaha! as I mentioned that tool is already there for a long time waiting for me to use it but due to laziness... you already know that hahaha. Greenlight is a great casting. My plan was, before sharing the Greenlights I have to complete first the variants (I lack the blue variant) and hopefully I'll find one soon. the MBX hahaha! same with Greenlight I'm still trying to complete them or, almost complete before I'd post them here.

    oh.. about setting them loose... actually, I managed to open some of my JL's and I'm planning to share them... in a different way :D you will know everything once "it's" done hahaha.

    for now... just stay tuned :D we have lots of stuff to talk about here and also on your blog :)

    thanks for the time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. itching to start my own die-cast collection
    there any good lambo's for this scale?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow. welcome to the diecast life :D if you are planning to start with that line (lambo) well, I can say that's a good line of collection but also, have your wallet prepared esp when you're planning to get those big league brands.. though, you can start with much cheaper brands like hotwheels and tomica. Greenlight - like the brand of diecast in my post has also lambo castings.

      here is a dcph who collects lambos.

      check his blog... and feast your eyes LOL

      http://nicadraus-lambo.blogspot.com/

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...