Wednesday, July 4, 2012

HW US Mail Combat Medic

HELLO everyone! :)

It's good to be back. It's been a while since my last post. It was quite a busy month for me that I couldn't find time to blog and go toy hunting; it is also an opportunity to give my wallet a break from buying toys LOL.

But the good news is.... I have so many things to share! Those are previous hauls (before the busy month) and I just can't decide which to post first.

So I decided to start with this one to welcome the rainy month of July.


This is a vintage Combat Medic casting by Hot Wheels. Released in 1976 and, yes, like any other vintage diecast in my collection, it is older than me. But this one is not mine. I bought it for a friend in DCPH. He has a good taste indeed in choosing his line of collection. This one is a cool casting and I think not common as well.



I found this in a local store and it is just amazing that after so many years, it seems to still be in really good condition--the wheels are perfectly rolling, windshield and the doors at the back is not broken and, well, that may not be the case with the paint and you can't tag this as "mint" but the fact that it's a 36 year old toy and is barely loose fascinates me. :D

I wonder if my custom diecast paint will last like this one.. I know that these diecast toys manufacturers use a special kind of paint, they use powder paint and put the toys in oven to make it durable. And it is proven.

 


That's all for now. Looking forward to post more blogs this week.


Thanks for visiting :)

2 comments:

  1. huh !!! you’re right pal, this is a scarce casting from Hot Wheels and i managed to get one of them recently (which i will publish... uhmmm... someday)... i didn’t like vintage diecast until i found a treasure, an auto-inheritance from my brother (he doesn’t know it yet =P) which i will publish... yeah, you already know...

    these toys were made to last, what a pity that nowadays Hot Wheels is in crisis and they are producing more and more metal-plastic diecasts, so the old metal-metal diecast will be more and more scarce (and more and more expensive)...

    welcome back chap and i will be waiting for more publications =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow can't wait to see that :D

      I agree.... and we should call ourselves...plastic collectors hahaha!

      thanks for visiting again ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...