Monday, January 23, 2012

Chevrolet Camaro by Tomica

Kung Hei Fat Choi everyone!
I went to the mall yesterday to visit the outside world after a long week of work and to buy "tikoy" to celebrate Chinese New Year. Of course I won't miss the chance to visit Toys R Us.


Whenever I am in a toy store, the first thing I always check is the acrylic display case of Tomica. I don't know why, either. The fact that my collection is 70% Hot Wheels and 15 % Matchbox and the rest consists of other brands (including Tomica) makes this habit a bit odd. The usual routine is after checking Tomica and find nothing interesting, I will go to the Hot Wheels and Matchbox section.

But yesterday was different. It was Tomica > stay....> Hot Wheels > Matchbox > Hot Wheels > Tomica > other toys > Tomica.

In the end, I found myself getting this:



Because a regular Tomica has a higher price than regular Hot Wheels and Matchbox, my criteria for buying from this brand is always the details and if the car is worth it.

And I can say that it is.


What I always like in Tomica is it's opening doors, though not all of their casting has them. Maybe that's also one reason why I bought this :-)


Details are good.

And another reason for buying this is my frustration with Tomica's Bumblebee. Man, that's too pricey for my taste. But this one satisfies me for a low price. I can just put black stripes on it's hood and it will become Bumblebee. (But I don't think I will do that LOL!)


I love that Chevy!

2 comments:

  1. well, now that you mentioned, when i go to shopping (or invited by someone else) and i’m looking for diecast, my itinerary is: Hot Wheels > Hot Wheels > Hot Wheels > Hot Wheels > (did i say Hot Wheels???) Matchbox > Tomica... where is Tomica??? oh!!! it’s not available in my country... i should stop looking for it) > Hot Wheels > Matchbox > oh!!! and Hot Wheels by the way...

    leaving aside my crazy itinerary, i think this Tomica is just like those vintage diecasts from the 80’s, i mean, the detail is just decent, the openable doors is the only extra... in the end, if it makes you happy is pretty fine and anyway the yellow is showy man!!! (but i would go for something by Tomytec if you ask me =O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! made me laugh. let's look at it in a positive way, just think that's it saves you from additional expenses hahaha.

    Yup! the yellow color caught me! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...