Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Gunner Zaku Warrior


The long wait is over!

Here comes the Zaku....


One of the products of the long weekend. It's been almost a month or so when I started building this kit. Although not so much work has been done here, there are some factors that caused the delay - which includes the holidays.

The things I did for modifications were:

Sanding - I tried the continuous sanding method on this one, that is, to make it look non-plastic. It really worked.
Panel lining - I just used Uni drawing pen that I mentioned in my WIP Zaku post.
Painted the backpack and the axe with flat black.
Coated all body parts with clear flat to protect the panel lines.
For the other details, I just used the stickers included in the kit.

That's all for the building steps.

And of course the pictorial - my favorite part.


I'm quite satisfied with the result of the panel lines using Uni pen. Not bad for a cheap alternative for Gundam markers.







There are just few gimmicks in this kit but this one is really cool. The Zaku's eye can be rotated from left to right LOL



I enjoyed taking pictures LOL!

I even made a wallpaper hahaha!


Thanks for looking :)

2 comments:

  1. this Zaku is funny man!!! i love that big rifle/cannon on the back (you didn’t finished the weapons, right???)... certainly you’re improving your skills... =) nice pics pal!!! =O

    for you info, i began the tests with my airbrush/compressor but my vacations were kinda too short to finish not even the only work i did: to paint my EVA 00 ;(... but i found that i didn’t suck at it that much LOL... i should try again !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. for the weapons, I decided not to modify them at all. for me it's better to keep them like that (or maybe I'm too lazy to do it LOL) thank you Chris :) I hope I can do better next time.

    wow you do have an airbrush. that's good thing that you have tools available already. you wont worry for the budget anymore LOL. did you use primer or sanded it? primer coat is very important in painting diecast or plastic (esp. for plastic). I look forward seeing your customs! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...