Sunday, January 8, 2012

Hot Wheels Shelby Cobra 427 Drop Tops Series

I am very happy to post here and show you my two Shelby Cobra 427 S/C from Drop Tops Series Showcase by Hot Wheels!

Black w/ Red, White and Blue stripes, w/ 6 tampo, RR w/ Good Year
*Limited to 15,000

Silver  w/ Red, White and Blue stripes, w/ 6 tampo, rubber tires RR w/ Good Year
*Limited to 7000

Yahooo! Finally they're together now :)

As you know, I am a boring carded and sealed collector of diecast. But in this case I had to open their containers -  yes you read it right! I opened it LOL - because one fellow collector gave me an advise that I should remove a piece of rubber that holds the hood up to display the engine if I want to preserve the condition of the car as well as its paint for a longer time. I think rubbers and diecast paints are not close friends after all.

So I followed what he said and tried to open the containers. He also taught me how to remove the cap carefully so it will still look like nothing has been done to it - okay, it won't destroy the beautiful packaging! yes!

First, I removed all the tapes from the sides.


"To Open: Remove tape from tabs. Straighten tabs. Hold base and gently pull top to separate."


Straighten the tabs.


Oh rubber there you are....


Got it.



Successfully removed the rubber. It's clean :) WOW it looks better up close. Hot Wheels did a great job for this limited casting.


Back to the "Oil can"


The next one is the silver.

This one's my latest acquisition. This is rarer than the black version - Limited to 7000 pieces so it took me a year before I found one. Courtesy of Rollie Doinog of DCPH.


Same steps to do and same thing to remove :)


Okay. Here's the bad news.......... the rubber has started its terror with this one. I was so nervous when I found out that the rubber is almost melting. When I tried to pull it, it broke into pieces :(



Luckily, the paint and the metal is safe.


Clean, shiny and new and free from rubber! LOL




This is why I am a fan of this muscle car.... one of the sexiest cars ever made!


Back to where it should be.

I am happy they're both part of my collection now. These two give spice to my Cobra collection :)

I hope you enjoyed looking at them too. Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. YEAH, they look great !!!... i guess you didn’t bother with the higher price of this babes, right ???... that’s what i was talking about when i mentioned "special and/or limited editions", you must pay more, but you do it gladly =)

    P.S. you’re not a boring collector, no, but when you add "carded and sealed" well... that’s the total boringness !!! LLLLLOOOLLLLLLLL

    P.S.2 by the way, you could configure your blog list to show the "most recently updated" so you can know when i post something new, even if that "selfish and rude" blogger gadget doesn’t want to show what’s happening on my blog... @O@

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! yeah you said it! they're indeed pricey! LOL! and the weird thing is, the black (I got from ebay) costs me more than the silver which I got locally. Lesson is: just wait for it to be available locally or someone to offer it to you locally.

    hahahaha! well I am learning to remove them from the blister and in fact, I will post them here sooner - just not to be boring LOL!

    I did that and most of linked blogs are being updated when they have new posts in their pages. it is just yours that it fails to get feed. It shows an icon of RSS feed with red 'X' mark with it. That's very odd.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...